We all know that it takes about 30 days to form a habit. The starting phase is the hardest, especially if you want to change an old habit into a new one. This is why giving yourself a challenge for a minimum of 30 days is a great way to improve all facets of your life. Determination and Cultivation is the key to change old habits and yes, it is a gift and a choice. So, take a moment to think ‘Who do I want to be in 5 years?’ What kind of habits would you like to have? You better start now if you want your new habits to influence your lifestyle and consequently your life!
Now pick one or more challenges and stick with them! Keep a log, challenge your friends and stay inspired! Be cautioned, picking too many challenges at the same time can easily result in a failure of all of them.
1) Write a “I Like this about you” note/text/email each day for someone (colleagues, family members or friends)
2) Talk to one stranger each day
3) Take one picture each day
4) Re-evaluate one long-held belief each day
5) Take a 30 minute walk each day
6) Take a moment each day to practice gratitude, compassion and self-love
7) Try a new recipe each day
8) Refrain from any addictive substance, coffee, cigarette or alcohol for 30 days in a row!
9) Write a 30,000 word novel/non-fiction in 30 days (1000 words a day )
10) Get up 30 minutes early each day
11) Watch an inspiring documentary each day (YouTube)
12) Read one chapter each day from a self-development book
13) Study a topic you’d like to master each day
14) Walk/Drive/Run a new route to work/home each day
15) Plan your next day tonight itself and prioritize your list
16) Media-fast for 30 days (No TV or newspaper)
17) Pick one bad habit you already have and ditch it for 30 days
18) Practice breathing exercise for ten minutes each day
19) Take a cold shower each day
20) Exhibit one random act of kindness each day
21) Practice a random skill everyday
22) Take the stairs every chance you get
23) Don’t assume or judge for an entire day
24) Keep a journal
25) Don’t lie for 30 days
26) Clean any one portion of your house/garage each day
27) Do something that scares you every day
28) Don’t complain for an entire day
29) Meditate each day
30) Practice Silence for 1 hour each day
- Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- When you can’t make a decision, just go with the flow.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Even this will pass through
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give Time some time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your children get only one childhood. Spend quantity time with them.
- Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
- There are no failures, only feedback or results.
- Come what may, Don’t Quit!
- Quality time @ work, Quantity time @ family
- Eat at the right time, Sleep at the right time.
- When you want to understand. ACT
- Give More to Receive More
- Live the moment
Unconventional habits of Highly Effective People # 1 – Meditate
Get ready folks for 21 – 12- 2012. This is the end of Dakshinayana – southern run of the sun in relation to earth(surely not the world). Uttarayana starts the next day(northern run of the sun) and the human beings are stepping into a new phase of spiritual ascension. Just meditate for the next 90 days to enhance your will power, receive the grace & positive energy. Regular meditation increases grey matter in the prefrontal cortex, which governs decision-making. Over time, you’ll greatly improve your ability to avoid distractions and stay focused on the task at hand. The next 90 days after 21st Dec is one of the very best time for meditation in the history of mankind.
Unconventional Habits of highly successful people # 2-Optimize Your Morning Ritual
How you spend your first waking hour sets the tone for the rest of your day. This can be done through meditation, visualization, physical activity, prayer, reading, practicing gratitude, yoga, journaling, or even taking a walk around the block.Do you want MORE in your life. Invest 15-30 minutes daily for yourself first!
Unconventional Habit of Highly effective People # 3-Visualize Your Ideal Day
It is common practice among elite athletes to visualize their performance before game-time. Golf legend Tiger woods once said, “I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp, in-focus picture of it in my mind.” You can use the same strategy to increase your productivity. First, get clear on what you want to accomplish during the day, then visualize yourself going through the different activities swiftly and efficiently. Once you open your eyes, you’ll be ready to make your own day a masterful performance.
Unconventional Habits of highly effective people# 4 – Get up Early
“The Sun has never caught me in my bed” says Thomas Jefferson. One of the habits of success is that of early rising. Successful people get up a little bit earlier, read and prepare, plan and organize their day on paper in advance, and get going before the average person has even started. Tomorrow is 21st Dec’12, get up early to see that it is not the end of the world, but for you, a new day, a new beginning has started. Make this your success Habit!
Unconventional Habit of highly effective people # 5 – Be Grateful
Shawn Anchor, the author of Happiness Advantage reveals that our brain performs up to 30% better when we’re feeling happy. A simple way to boost your happiness level is to take a few seconds every hour to think about the things you’re grateful for. This can be anything, from your health, to your access to food, the internet, your family, your friends, the beautiful weather, your pets, etc. Really feel the gratitude and you’ll be both happier and more productive. I love the gratitude postings from my partner Ignatius Raphael. I’m happy and grateful to have him as my spiritual companion.
Do you know that the way you breathe directly affects your performance?
Your earning potential, your career growth, relationships, your health, well-being are all affected and controlled by the way you breathe.
Breath affects Performance!
One day workshop to take back control of your Performance & well-being.
This workshop is designed exclusively for people who are in the top of the professional career and for those who wants to be there.
This program is a certified Basic Practitioner Workshop & a pre-requisite for the future train the trainer program.
Date: 18th Jan 2013
Venue: Hotel Residency Tower, T.Nagar, Chennai
Time: 9 am – 5.30 pm
Investment: Rs. 4500/- for non-members, Rs.4000/- for TGR members.
Limited seats only. Prior registration required.
Call 98407 29580 for more information and registration.
What is Money?
Have you observed it very closely?
Do you want MORE money?
This week, in TGR, we are going to share with you a simple and powerful technique to double your income, may be even more, when you take ACTION.
Are you ready?
Then, get ready for a moneyful year ahead!
Time: Sharp 7am – 9am
Venue: Andhra Chamber of Commerce, Nandanam, Chennai
For registration click this link