What Happy People do!
1) Set SMARTER goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic time bound, enjoyable & record) and review them on a regular basis (i.e. daily)
2) Eat well and exercise regularly – Maintain same time
3) Ensure they get enough sleep and rest
4) Meditate often and enjoy “wakefulness”
5) Think optimistically
6) Build positive relationships
7) Are likeable and nice
8) Find ways to utilise their strengths every single day
9) Set themselves challenges
10)Vary their routines
11) Practice appreciation and gratitude
12) Have fun!
Pursuit of Happiness: True research
In Getting Rich Your Own Way, Srully Blotnick points to a study in which 1,500 young people were divided into two groups. Group A consisted of people who were embarking on a career for the money. Group B consisted of people who chose their career because that’s what they loved to do. The number of people in Group A outnumbered the people in Group B by a margin of 5-1. Researchers followed these two groups for 20 years. At the end of 20 years, 101 of 1,500 participants were millionaires. However, the amazing thing is that all but one of the millionaires came from Group B. Only 1 out of 1,250 people from Group A became wealthy, even though all of them made money pursuing their primary career objective. Yet 100 of the 250 from Group B became wealthy by simply pursuing what made them happy.